Applying for Accreditation
As an accredited market, you must understand, apply and support our rules which are available on our website. Below are key points from the rules:
- Without exception, resellers are not permitted at VFMA Accredited Farmers’ Markets
- Non-food items are not permitted unless of farm origin and sold by the farmer
- All stallholders must be encouraged to become VFMA members
- All eligible stallholders must be encouraged to apply for accreditation
- Accreditation of your market requires that you adhere to, or exceed, a minimum target of accredited stallholders. This target is currently 75% (90% in metro Melbourne).
Accreditation should not be applied for lightly. We encourage you to understand our rules and the commitments we expect. Once a market is accredited, the public have the right to expect that our standards are adhered to, and the VFMA has the obligation to enforce them. In granting accreditation we are entrusting you with our reputation. Please be aware that we may need to ask you for additional information. You should allow a minimum of 6 weeks for your application to be processed.
You will need to complete and submit a membership form along with your market accreditation application.